Monday, February 11, 2008

A Conversation Between Matadors

Photo Courtesy of Chicagobulls.com


The following conversation takes place one hour prior to the talented Chicago Bulls Matadors take the court for their half- time performance:


Big Willie: (sitting at his locker, crying uncontrollably with 12 Miller High Life cans crumpled at his feet)

Enter "Turkey Leg" Tom


"Turkey Leg" Tom: Will, what is the matter? Why are you crying and are you drunk?


BW: (stuttering and slurring his words) I just can't take it any more Tom. I have lost all of my confidence in the Bulls this year. And even worse, my desire to dance in front of the home town faithful is gone.


TLT: (sits down next to Willie and places his arm around him) Listen big guy, I know it has been a rough year. Nothing seems to go our way out there, but you can't give up hope.


BW:(punches his locker) GIVE UP HOPE!!!! Boylan played Adrian Griffin for 15 minutes last night, and you're telling me not to give up hope! Everything is falling apart. When the Bulls lost by 16 to the Timberwolves, I went on a one week bender filled with Jack Daniels and KFC. My wife left me man, took the kids too.

TLT: Wow, man, I'm sorry I had no idea. But let me tell you something. When the Bulls went 24-58 did we give up? When the Bulls played Luke Schenscher did we give up on them? When you broke your leg from slipping on ice outside that China Buffet did you give up on your dance career?

BW: (looks up with renewed vigor) You're goddamn right! We stick with the Bulls through thick and thin. Thanks, Turkey Leg.

TLT: (slaps Willie on the back) No problem. Now, just promise me that when we get our there tonight and you hear that first note of "Can't Touch This" you dance your ass off.

Both men, laughing, get up and walk out.


Digg this

0 comments: