Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Duhon Benched

Story from Espn.com....

Add another item to the laundry list of issues the disappointing Chicago Bulls have had to face this season.

Duhon
Guard Chris Duhon, who was benched for the Bulls' game against the Detroit Pistons Sunday for missing the team's morning shootaround, was disciplined a second time by general manager John Paxson for making flip comments about the punishment.
It's unclear what action Paxson took Monday, but it's expected Duhon will be benched a second straight game Tuesday when Chicago takes on the Utah Jazz.
"I did meet with Chris," Paxson said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. "We obviously talked it out. Obviously when things go badly, they go badly. I'm disappointed in what happened in the last couple of weeks, but ... I've dealt with it the way I feel was right and we'll move on from there."
During Sunday's telecast, it was revealed that Duhon had not received permission to attend Saturday's college basketball game between his alma mater, Duke, and North Carolina. He reportedly slept through the shootaround.
Duhon's response to the benching may have led to the second discipline.
"I don't play anyway, so it doesn't have that much of an effect on me," Duhon said, according to the Sun-Times.
Duhon later was interviewed on WMVP-AM 1000 and said he didn't expect to return to the Bulls next season.
"I probably won't be back," Duhon said, according to the newspaper. "I don't know what the summer has for me."
Duhon is averaging 5.8 points and 4.1 assists.

End of Espn.com Story

Digg this

0 comments: